- Publisher: Urim Publications
- ISBN: 978-9655241266
- Published: January 1, 2013
Citing an exceptionally wide range of sources, from the well known to the obscure—Sephardic, Ashkenazic, Hasidic, and mystical—this book explores the weekly Torah portion, weaving together themes and ideas into a seamless display of the wisdom and brilliance of the sages. This breathtaking journey through Torah will engage and fascinate readers, and open their eyes to the incredible depth of Jewish teaching.
- ”Rabbi Shoff is a brilliant teacher of Torah.”
– Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis, Founder of Hineni
- ”Rabbi Elchanan Shoff has the unique ability to reach the hearts of his readers with the beauty of Torah. His phenomenal success in educating our next generation speaks for itself. His brilliance will excite you, as will his far-reaching mastery of the Talmudic, Midrashic and esoteric teachings of our rich tradition.”
– Rabbi Aaron Kaufman, Rosh Yeshiva, Yeshiva Ateres Shmuel of Waterbury, Connecticut
- ”I have had the opportunity to read much of the work of Rabbi Elchanan Shoff and have known him for most of his life. I am also privileged to have read his newest work, Paradise, and find it to be a vital resource for the Torah-committed, English-speaking Jew. This book will bring delight, hope and optimism to the sincere seeker of truth, the rabbi, the kiruv professional, the Shabbos-table host and hostess, and all of us. Its riveting insights will uplift and inspire. The laser-like brilliance of Sinai will leap off the pages for all those who probe this volume and it will penetrate the darkness that comes from obscuring the light of Torah. I have no hesitation at all in enthusiastically recommending this remarkable exposition by an outstanding teacher of Torah and encourage all to make it part of their libraries.’‘
– Rabbi Daniel Lapin, Founding Rabbi, Pacific Jewish Center, Los Angeles, California
- ”This author is destined for greatness. I am confident that his exciting, incisive and creative Torah teachings will reach the masses and spread the glory of Torah.”
– Rabbi Dr. Moshe Tendler, Rosh Yeshiva, Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary
About the Author
Rabbi Elchanan Shoff is the rabbi of the Beis Knesses of Los Angeles (BKLA) synagogue in Los Angeles. He was formerly the director of educational programming and a senior lecturer for Hineni International Programs, a Jerusalem-based organization that seeks to translate the ancient wisdom of Judaism into inspiration for the modern world through classes, social events, and Jewish heritage experiences. He lives in Los Angeles.